Scottish Animal Health Planning System
Solution name: Scottish Animal Health Planning System
Aim: Provision of a flock health planning system that allows targets to be set and performance to be reviewed annually and compared to previous years.
An online web based health planning system that can be accessed by the flock owner and their vet. The system has 15 steps divided into 4 main sections:
- Data collection
- Problem analysis
- Action plans
- Summary of outputs
There are currently more than 2500 beef and sheep farmers registered on the system and more than 3500 flock health plans have been created.
How to implement:
Your veterinary practice has to register to use the system.
Training is available.
Animal Category: All
Issue: Flock Health Planning
Level of Solution: Knowledge, Practical
- Ability to generate reports to compare year on year flock performance.
- Ability to benchmark against other data in the system with filters to allow comparisons between similar enterprises within local geographic region.
Prerequisites and/or limits (knowledge, training, capabilities, cost, management, facilities, equipment, etc.):
- Reliant on accurate and ongoing data entry.
- Access to the system is free to veterinary practices in Scotland. Practices outwith Scotland pay an annual subscription.
- A reliable internet connection is required.
- An app has been created for beef cattle and one is planned for sheep.